This document describes how to configure the Ruckus products to support our Wi-Fi calling solution.
Wi-Fi calling is a feature especially helpful in many environments. Depending on the location or construction material of a property there is often little or no cellular coverage inside the tenant units. In the past, this was a best effort with Wi-Fi calling enabled on the client’s device. Problems arise when the client device switches from Wi-Fi to LTE or back because
the gateway settings can be different, which can cause the call to drop. Ruckus Networks has developed a feature called Wi-Fi calling that allows a set of calling profiles to be loaded onto a WLAN. These features create a carrier grade Wi-Fi calling experience.
How it works When a Ruckus Wi-Fi network is deployed and a Wi-Fi calling profile has been created and deployed, that profile contains the FQDN of the carrier or carriers ePDG (evolved Packet Data Gateway) the ePDG is where things like SIM authentication and IP conversion take place for LTE calls.
1. A client associated to the WLAN with the Wi-fi calling profile is enabled initiates a Wi-Fi call.
2. Ruckus QOS features identify this as a Wi-FI call and can sense the carrier requested.
3. An IPSec tunnel to the ePDG is established.
4. Carrier grade voice connection is established just as an LTE call would be.
1. Obtain the carriers FQDN and address from the Link Below.
Or use these as already located and confirmed working.
EE - epdg.epc.mnc030.mcc234.pub.3gppnetwork.org
O2 - epdg.epc.mnc010.mcc234.pub.3gppnetwork.org
3 - epdg.epc.mnc020.mcc234.pub.3gppnetwork.org
Vodafone - epdg.epc.mnc015.mcc234.pub.3gppnetwork.org
2. Create a WiFi Calling Profile on the Ruckus webgui
Enter the description of the Carrier, Domain name / IP address from the carrier list. (Multiple carriers can be added to a single profile)
• Save the profile-OK
This should allow Wifi calling on the carrier specified.
Now exit out of the Admin & Services area and go to the Wifi Networks section and click on your Wifi network and then click Edit to edit the WLAN settings.
- Click Show Advanced Options (Will change to Hide after you click it)
- Click the check box to Enable Wifi Calling
- Click Edit so you can enable the profiles on this SSID
- Using the shift key select all of the networks and then click the Right pointing arrow to move them to the Selected Profiles side.
- Click OK
You can now see the profiles on the right side
Click OK to close the window
You can now see the profiles on the page
Congratulations you are done!!