Reset procedure is the same across all DSP capable Sonance amplifiers.
NOTE Sonance 2-100, 12-50 and SR2-125 cannot be reset!
1. Power off the amplifier in question.
2. On the front panel of the amplifier in question - look for screw holes (volume level).
3. DSP 8-130 has 8 channels therefore there are 8 different volume controls (screw holes). DSP 2-150 and DSP 7-250 being 2 channel amplifiers have only 2 volume controls (screw holes).
4. Turn 1L all the way to the LEFT and 1R all the way to the RIGHT. There is a physical stop - you will feel when they are set .
5. Power on the amplifier - power light should start flashing and wait for the light to stop flashing. When the flashing stops power off the amplifier and set volume control for 1L and 1R back to normal. The amplifier will be reset.
In some instances (mostly config related) you might not get flashing power light it could mean that power on mode was set to Audio or Audio green this basically means that pushing power on button is putting the amplifier to standby mode only. To confirm if this is the case - the boot up procedure should look like this:
Power on > Relay clicks > Input lights go red for a few seconds > Input lights go green for a second > Input lights turn off.
If you are not getting these steps that means Auto On Method is not set to Power Button.
Audio - In the Audio Auto On, mode there are three Sleep Mode options. Each channel has an independent Sleep Mode setting. The Sleep Mode is triggered by an audio sensing circuit on each channel of the amplifier.
Audio Green - In the Audio Auto On mode the amplifier will power off after 15 minutes without and audio signal present on any of the channels. When an audio signal is applied the amplifier will take approximately 9-12 seconds for the amplifier to reproduce audio after going through its power up sequence. In the audio Auto ON mode the sleep function is active, see sleep mode note below. This mode complies with EU energy saving standards.
6. Please make sure that the amplifier in question is set as per step no 4. Have a local source connected to the amplifier i.e. phone connected via 3.5mm to phono works the best. Power on the amplifier while the source is playing audio to the amplfier this will trigget the amplifier to turn on and the power light will start flashing.
If you are still having issues resetting the amplifier get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the serial number of the amplifier in question.